Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pretty Geeked Up

I am feeling Carolina-game anxious about the pending USA-Ghana match.  I'd feel much better if the U.S. could suit up Tyler Hansbrough or Ty Lawson, a great soccer player in high school.  

Even without a Carolina Ty on the pitch, coming off of the exhilarating win over Algeria I expect the US to come out aggressive against the Black Stars from west Africa's most successful democracy.

At least I hope they do.  If we can avoid an early mistake I'll feel great about our chances.  As I've blogged before, I would love to the see the U.S. win the World Cup.  Sure, it's a longshot but Ghana is a winnable game, and our side of the bracket is doable.

Go USA!
  • So our pre-game preparations include listening to the Jackson 5 and popping popcorn.
  • For the third game in a row, the US plays an incredibly tiny country.  How soon till the world press starts urging US to pick on someone our own size?

No comments: